Billboard put together a list of the 50 Best Country Love Songs, which is a tall order for any kind of music . . . but especially country. And the top ten has some obvious choices, but some surprises too.
1. “I Will Always Love You”, Dolly Parton.
2. “Ring of Fire”, Johnny Cash. Most people don’t think of it as a love song, which raises the question . . . is a love song just ABOUT love, or something that FEELS like a love song? We say it’s whatever gets you in the mood this weekend.
3. “I Swear”, John Michael Montgomery.
(Did you think it was just an R&B jam by All-4-One? Same song, but Montgomery was first.)
4. “Bless the Broken Road”, Rascal Flatts.
5. “You and I”, Crystal Gayle and Eddie Rabbitt.
6. “I’ll Still Be Loving You”, Restless Heart.
7. “Forever and Ever, Amen”, Randy Travis.
8. “You’re Still The One”, Shania Twain.
9. “Remember When”, Alan Jackson.
10. “You Decorated My Life”, Kenny Rogers.