Here’s a question we didn’t see coming: Are hot dogs an acceptable BURGER topping?
BuzzFeed just did a poll on what does and doesn’t belong on burgers. And 8% of us think tossing a hot dog or two on there sounds reasonable. Here are a few more potential burger toppings, and how we feel about them:
1. Does ketchup belong on a burger? 11% said no, and a few other classics received some hate as well: 32% wouldn’t put mustard on a burger, 26% said no to tomatoes, 24% don’t like pickles, 9% stay away from lettuce, 28% said no mayo, and 62% don’t think relish belongs on burgers.
2. Bacon? Yes, 83% like it on a burger.
3. Grilled onions? 72% said yes. And 55% think onion RINGS are an acceptable burger topping.
4. Ranch dressing? Just 30% said yes. But 59% are cool with barbecue sauce.
5. Blue cheese? 67% would NOT put it on a burger.
6. Potato chips? Only 30% think that sounds good. And just 36% of us would do fries on a burger.
7. Avocado? 57% think it’s a good burger topping.
8. Jalapeños? 46% of us are into it.
9. Chili? Only 24% said yes, maybe because it’s so messy.
10. Salsa? 76% said it DOESN’T belong on a burger.
11. Mac-and-cheese? Only 18% would go for it.
12. Peanut butter? 11% said sure, why not.