Here are some random facts for you.
1. The oldest university in the Americas is National University of San Marcos in Peru. It’s been continuously running since May of 1551.
2. Technically Bruce Springsteen has never had a number one hit. The closest was “Dancing in the Dark” at number two in 1984. But a song he WROTE was number one. Manfred Mann hit #1 in 1977 with a cover of “Blinded by the Light”.
3. The Coen Brothers based the movie “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” on “The Odyssey”, but neither of them ever read it. They just knew the basic plot and the highlights from all the references in pop culture.
4. The famous pediatrician and author Dr. Benjamin Spock won a gold medal in rowing at the 1924 Olympics.
5. The point in North America that’s the furthest from any ocean is in southwest South Dakota. It’s 1,024 miles from the nearest coastline.