Here are some random facts for you . . .
1. The World Series has been a best-of-nine four times: 1903, 1919, 1920, and 1921. The goal was to generate more revenue by having more games.
2. Elvis only held three concerts outside of the U.S. in his entire career. They were all in Canada in 1957.
3. The closest distance between the U.S. and Africa is 3,154 miles from Quoddy Head, Maine to El Beddouza, Morocco. That’s about 200 miles less than going from the same spot in Maine to San Diego.
4. Samuel L. Jackson was supposed to have a giant Afro in “Pulp Fiction” . . . but the production assistant who went to get him a wig didn’t know the difference between an afro and a Jheri curl.
5. There’s a scale of “close encounters.” A close encounter of the first kind is seeing a UFO . . . a close encounter of the third kind is seeing an alien . . . the fourth kind is being abducted by aliens!