Here are a few more NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak.
1. A hotel in Switzerland has launched a “luxury quarantine package.” You can get things like coronavirus testing for $500 and around-the-clock nurse care for $4,800-a-day.
2. This is crazy: Apparently GANGS in Brazil are now enforcing curfews in some areas as their way of helping out.
3. Pornhub has donated 50,000 surgical masks to New York City emergency workers. They’re also making their premium service FREE for 30 days to encourage people to stay inside.
4. A guy in Taiwan who skipped out on his quarantine to go clubbing has been fined $33,000.
5. West Elm is offering free virtual backgrounds for your Zoom video chats.
6. McDonald’s posted a photo of the Golden Arches split apart on social media to promote social distancing, and there was some significant backlash.
— Ad Age (@adage) March 21, 2020